Posted in Dicki
, Wainy Days
with tags social media
, social media intern
, social media internship
, nyc internship
, new york city internship
, online video internship
, comedy internship
, writing internship
, Elizabeth Banks
, Wainy Days
, The Hunger Games
, Jeremy Lin
, Mary Lynn Rajskub
on 2/15/2012 1:51:45 PM by Maria
This is his "excited" face.
Meet Matt The Intern.
Look at how excited Matt The Intern is to be one of the very first people holding the brand-new Wainy Days DVD
If you were our intern you would be as lucky as he is, too. In FACT, today IS your lucky day because we need social media and graphics interns.
Here's the deal:
- *We are located in New York City, so you must be, too. Or you must be willing at least to commute into New York City on a regular basis.
- *You can receive college credit! If this is of interest to you we can do this... however...
- *Being a student is not a prerequisite. Just know that.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- *You should be familiar with our content. Some of it. All of it. Take your pick. But you should know something about us.
- *You should have strong writing skills. Please send us links to your Twitter and Tumblr and blog. But not your Pinterest. We don't care about that...YET.
- *You should have basic Photoshop and HTML skills. Have you ever created an image for a meme? Have you posted said image to your blog without the benefit of a blog editor? Do you sometimes wish you could just hold up an animated gif in real-life situations? Fantastic. You're who we want.
- *Basic Final Cut Pro or other video editing skills are wonderful and we could definitely figure out how to use your skills effectively and creatively, but they are not necessary.
Here's what you'd be doing:
- *Hanging out on Tumblr all day.
- *Creating gifs of our content.
- *Helping us think of hashtags.
- *Photoshopping Mary Lynn Rajskub's head onto Jeremy Lin's body just because we think saying "Mary Lynn-sanity" is funny.
- *Helping to optimize all of our social media outlets aesthetically and strategically.
- *Not all of it is fun. Sometimes there is data entry. Sometimes there is heavy lifting. Sometimes there is a coffee run that needs running.
BUT you would definitely get a Wainy Days DVD
. Well, probably.
Please send all inquiries to Maria [at] MyDamnChannel [dot] com.
Thanks! And may the odds be ever in your favor! (But not in a BAD Hunger Games sort of way!)
(PS: We have several videos starring Elizabeth Banks!)
Brad O'Farrell gave our almost official mascot the Labor Day treatment. Njoy. He's linked to one of our happiest videos of all-time.
New unemployment stats are the worst in 26 years. If you're like any of the dreamchasers at My Damn Channel, it's a fair bet you're no stranger to losing a gig in TV, radio, music, or the arts & little sciences.
"Go Your Own Way" may be a lame, overplayed, 70's sing-along...but it's also fine solution for what to do after getting tossed out of a gig.
We're raising a glass to everyone with the brains and the backbone to embrace a new way to get your work seen by an audience large enough to actually make you money.
One last-ever reference to Fleetwood Mac...
We got some sad news over the weekend, that one of our best co-cons at My Damn Channel is moving on. Vivian Kyinn provides much of the mystical glue that holds this house together. She wrote and co-produced a film called White Wall which got her to Cannes and now she's decided to get after her movie-making passions full-time. BIG THANKS & BIG LOVE to one of the better humans we know.
Warren Chao posted the replacement gig based in our LA office this weekend. Economic insanity created hundreds of candidates in hours. If you're read "The Night Feed" and know the best human for this gig - email: Jobs@MyDamnChannel.com