Posted in Dicki
, Wainy Days
with tags social media
, social media intern
, social media internship
, nyc internship
, new york city internship
, online video internship
, comedy internship
, writing internship
, Elizabeth Banks
, Wainy Days
, The Hunger Games
, Jeremy Lin
, Mary Lynn Rajskub
on 2/15/2012 1:51:45 PM by Maria
This is his "excited" face.
Meet Matt The Intern.
Look at how excited Matt The Intern is to be one of the very first people holding the brand-new Wainy Days DVD
If you were our intern you would be as lucky as he is, too. In FACT, today IS your lucky day because we need social media and graphics interns.
Here's the deal:
- *We are located in New York City, so you must be, too. Or you must be willing at least to commute into New York City on a regular basis.
- *You can receive college credit! If this is of interest to you we can do this... however...
- *Being a student is not a prerequisite. Just know that.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- *You should be familiar with our content. Some of it. All of it. Take your pick. But you should know something about us.
- *You should have strong writing skills. Please send us links to your Twitter and Tumblr and blog. But not your Pinterest. We don't care about that...YET.
- *You should have basic Photoshop and HTML skills. Have you ever created an image for a meme? Have you posted said image to your blog without the benefit of a blog editor? Do you sometimes wish you could just hold up an animated gif in real-life situations? Fantastic. You're who we want.
- *Basic Final Cut Pro or other video editing skills are wonderful and we could definitely figure out how to use your skills effectively and creatively, but they are not necessary.
Here's what you'd be doing:
- *Hanging out on Tumblr all day.
- *Creating gifs of our content.
- *Helping us think of hashtags.
- *Photoshopping Mary Lynn Rajskub's head onto Jeremy Lin's body just because we think saying "Mary Lynn-sanity" is funny.
- *Helping to optimize all of our social media outlets aesthetically and strategically.
- *Not all of it is fun. Sometimes there is data entry. Sometimes there is heavy lifting. Sometimes there is a coffee run that needs running.
BUT you would definitely get a Wainy Days DVD
. Well, probably.
Please send all inquiries to Maria [at] MyDamnChannel [dot] com.
Thanks! And may the odds be ever in your favor! (But not in a BAD Hunger Games sort of way!)
(PS: We have several videos starring Elizabeth Banks!)
Wow. What do you think the Dicki star would say to "Dicki"?
Everyone's so uptight about what they can put on the Internet. It's like, "Come ON, everybody!"
She's 40. She lives with her parents. In the middle of nowhere. She makes a living doing...uh... something... we think. And in Episode One
she's trying to get her Facebook profile picture juuuuuuuust right, which we totally understand since we've all held the camera at arm's length in a weirdly lit hallway, trying to make it look like it's a candid shot of us out at some ridiculous party having extraordinary fun, instead of just standing in our parents' hallway hoping they don't ask us what we're doing.
, we'd probably just take a photo that made us look as much like Mary Lynn Rajskub
as possible, since most people who know her work as "Chloe O'Brian" or "Gail the Snail" are pretty enamored of her.
Oh, well, to each their own, we guess. And in Dicki's case, we don't think that will be a problem.
She's fortysomething. She lives at home with her parents. She's "artsy." She likes Double Gulp sodas. She's looking for love.
And she's played by Mary Lynn Rajskub
, whom you might know from 24, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Mr. Show with Bob and David
and The Larry Sanders Show.
is special. You'll get a chance to see HOW special she is this Thursday at www.MyDamnChannel.com/Dicki