The Night Feed
, Posted on 7/23/2012 by
1. The NCAA laid the biggest smack down on Penn State that has ever been lain down on an athletic program. They have to give up all of their wins from 1998-2011, are banned from bowl games for four years AND they have to pay a $60 Million fine! Maybe Penn State can raise money by seeing if anyone wants to buy a statue?
2. Warner Bros. delayed releasing their weekend box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises out of respect to the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. (If you'd like to help the victims, survivors and the community, please click here.)
3. The Jackson family matriarch went missing! And then Randy said "NUH-UH she's not!" Then Michael's daughter Paris said "UH-HUH, she is!" Finally, Jermaine said "She's just in Arizona." And we all said, "Oh."
4. The International AIDS Conference begins this week in Washington, D.C., in the United States for the first time in over 22 years, because HIV-positive travelers were banned from entering the country until 2010.
5. The Teen Choice Awards happened! Zac Efron won a surfboard. Twilight won a surfboard. Except for The Hunger Games, it feels like the same people have been winning surfboards since 2006. In related news, all adults within a mile radius of the event are now deaf.
(photo via AP Photo/Centre Daily Times, Christopher Weddle)