The Night Feed
, Posted on 8/6/2012 by
1. We're on Mars! The Curiosity touched down safely on the surface of Mars, and has even sent back some pictures of the surface. Naturally the internet has responded to this important scientific news by making a meme, and following the Curiosity Rover on twitter.
2. Michael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympic athlete to ever have existed ever in the world ever. With approximately seven thousand gold medals, we can safely say that no one will ever swim faster than Michael Phelps. Unfortunately, he didn't get a medal in Dreaminess, because Ryan Lochte got gold, silver, and bronze.
3. This weekend Roseanne Barr's Comedy Central roast happened. I'm sure people said mean things to her, and then also her ex-husband arrived so that was probably awk, but more importantly SHE GOT OFFICIALLY NOMINATED AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.
4. Natalie Portman got married to Benjamin Millepied, who she met on the set of Black Swan where he was the choreographer. Since Millepied is a French citizen, Portman is now officially a citizen of France as well, and if the french try to take her away from me I don't know what I'll do.
5. During an interview Mitt Romney said something to the effect of "I'm not sure London is ready to host the Olympics", which clinched him the gold in "Things Not to Say on Camera".
Image via JPL