The Night Feed
, Posted on 7/2/2012 by
1. The derecho that hit DC and the surrounding areas knocked out Pinterest and Instagram for a while. You freaked out accordingly. The rest of the world said #FirstWorldProblems to us when we complained.
2. We all got one extra second when atomic time synchronized with solar time. Foursquare and Reddit couldn't handle it. Most of us wasted that extra second pondering the dissolution of the marriage of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.
3. Ted made more money than anyone expected a movie about a foul-mouthed talking bear or a movie starring Mark Wahlberg to make. Teddy Ruxpin is now looking into his options.
4. Everyone's still trying to figure out why Justice Roberts changed his vote on the ACA decision to side with the liberal court. His answer to everyone is basically, "Deal With It."
5. Fourth Of July falls smack dab in the middle of the week, meaning that we're all just pretending to be busy until the holiday, and that we'll be extra-resentful of having to return to work AFTER the holiday. So take a cue from Chris Donahue and just spend the whole week drunk*. You'll feel better.
(*Drink responsibly! And be of legal age!)