The 2012 NFL season begins today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, my excitement is worth 18 exclamation points) My co-workers Dean and Chris are un-American and don't care about football so it's up to me, a red-blooded American alpha male to share some reasons why everyone should be excited about the 2012 NFL season.
1) Beer and Wings - On Sundays during the football season it’s socially acceptable to eat as many wings and drink as much beer as you want. People don't merely look the other way like they do when you eat wings in church on Sunday; they actually EXPECT this indulgence. Hell, even my mom has absolutely no problem with me polluting my body with fat and alcohol (by which I mean she has no tolerance for me polluting my body with fat and alcohol).
2) Fantasy Football – Not only do you get a chance to root for your favorite pro team every week, you also get to act as the head coach of your very own fantasy team: playing against your friends, spewing insults like “You suck!” or “I am better than you!” at them across crowded bars. Remember, it’s all about the pageantry, folks.
3) You’ll get to watch funny Daily Grace videos about football, like this one from last season, where she shows how much she knows about the sport: Nothing. Grace knows nothing about football. Nothing.
4) Because you never know if something ridiculous like this will happen. Or a disgusting act, such as this. Or this.
5) Most importantly, tonight the defending Super Bowl Champions-- my beloved New York Giants-– face off against their division rivals, the Dallas Cowboys. So even if you’re not interested in the game itself, it might warm you to know that somewhere in New York, hunkered down with beer and wings (remember: this is socially accepted behavior during football season) I’m screaming my lungs out, cheering for my team like a crazy person. You gotta respect the passion, no!?
(Image via http://publicdomainclip-art.blogspot.com/)
Follow me on Twitter and tell me about your Fantasy Team: @DannyMoney