Today we learned that Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, wife of the future King of England, and total fox, is pregnant with Prince William's Royal Baby.
Now, it's a well-known fact that I'm pretty into the entire Royal Family. It started when I lived in London for three months back in college, and after that, I read some books about various members of the royal family, like The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown. Good reading! I'm a loser! KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!
So, in honor of this momentous occasion, I will be giving you my top 5 members of the Royal Family, past and present.
5) Princess Diana, Princess of Wales - Okay, I'll be honest. I'm only putting Diana on the list because if I don't, people will probably get upset and write angry letters to me complaining that I left Diana off. She definitely had charm and moxie, and she did a lot to help the less fortunate, but she didn't have the right constitution to be in the Royal Family: she was too sensitive and kind to be involved with the extremely weird and messed up world of the British Royals. That said, the people of England loved her. She's the people's choice.
4) Prince Harry of Wales - The dude's a menace. Showing up to Halloween as a Nazi! Underage drinking! The smoking of cannabis! Nude billiard parties in Vegas! I'd party with Prince Harry any day of the week. It kind of sucks for him that he's a ginger, but whatever, it's OK because he's royalty and all.
3) Henry VIII - Six wives, son! Six! Dude must've been a player. I mean, except for him killing Anne Boleyn pretty much just because he was tired of her, he seemed pretty charismatic. Plus, there's this classic tune.
2) Elizabeth II - She's done it all. She's seen it all. You can't rattle her. You can't phase her. She's been serving the realm as Queen since 1952. She was there for the Great War, and this year she had her Diamond Jubilee, celebrating 60 years as Queen. You know how hard it is to hold any job for 60 years? Near impossible. Sure, it was her divine right and it's impossible to take the throne away from her, but still! 60 years ain't nothing to laugh at.
1) Colin Firth - Out of all the Royals, Colin Firth was the best King of England of all-time. He didn't plan on being King; his brother Guy was supposed to be king. But when it was time for Colin to sit on the throne-- even though he had a severe speech impediment!-- he came through big time and helped England get through World War II. Colin Firth was the best monarch ever, hands down.
That's my definitive list. Congrats to William and Kate!
Follow me: @DannyMoney