The Night Feed
, Posted on 9/28/2012 by
Are you guys aware that I'm a fan of Louis C.K. and his show Louie? Well, I am, and if you aren't a fan, you should be. The show wrapped it's third season last night and oh what a season it was. Here are just a few of my favorite episodes (they're all my favorite).
1) "Telling Jokes/Set Up" - I love this episode because Louie's daughter tells an incredibly odd joke that I love. A joke where you don't know the punchline and it doesn't necessarily make any sense. Also, anytime Louie dates is wonderful.
2) "Daddy's Girlfriend Part 1 & 2" - I'm lumping arcs together and you can't stop me. Maria Bamford appears in both episodes and Parker Posey convinces Louie to wear a dress. Hilarity ensues.
3) "Ikea/Piano Lesson" - Louie brings back a past (crazy) love from season 1 (and she's still crazy). Sarah Silverman pops up to give Louie some advice on his relationship with Marc Maron. Plus, we get to see old clips of them all doing stand up.
4) "Late Show Part 1, 2, & 3" - Louie's battle to become a late night talk show host. He makes Jay Leno not look like a bad guy which is impressive because he's totally a bad guy. David Lynch plays a pretty big role and it gives the episodes a Twin Peaks feel. Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld have bit parts and we get to see what it would be like if Louie hosted a talk show. It looked good.
5) "New Year's Eve" - Louie can make me feel emotions that no other show really does. He makes me laugh, he makes me sad, he makes me see the way the world is. Amy Poehler plays his sister and the episode as a whole is heartbreakingly good.
Louie is amazing. Watch it all.