The Night Feed
, Posted on 10/30/2012 by
1. This apartment building (pictured above) lost its FACE. Holy shit. It just crumbled like someone had cast a spell on the building to turn the wall to dust. There's amazing video of the wall disappearing.
2. This crane dangling above midtown Manhattan. Holy shit. Watch the video. It snaps and bends backwards like it's a drag queen doing a drop.
3. This picture of Ground Zero getting flooded. It's a waterfall. In Manhattan. A WATERFALL IN MANHATTAN.
4. The flooded subways. I like to overreact, and all of a sudden I had visions of becoming Keira Knightley in that one scene in Atonement. Spoiler Alert if you haven't seen that film, but THIS happens.
5. This plastic bag. I saw it stuck in the tree outside my window sometime on Monday morning, and it was STILL THERE AFTER THE HURRICANE. Like, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? That's nuts. That's not right. I can't explain it, so it freaks me out.
Were you guys freaked out? Did you miss My Damn Channel LIVE? We're not going to be able to do the LIVE show again today, since all public transit is still down, and Beth still has wine to drink at home. What did you guys do during the hurricane? Are you all okay?